Saturday 27 August 2011

|5| Week 5 Reflection |

Architectural Investigation 
Architectural Presence and Identity
This week was our final tutorial before next weeks mid-term presentation. As a group we decided to focus initially on the theme for the week “Architectural Presence and Identity”. From this our initial strategy developed last week “forgotten voices” was able to reform and refine into a new strategy of;
“Architecture for the Minority”
This idea focuses around the community of individuals living outside of urban areas. We proposes a mobile parliament network that integrates them equally with the urban individuals. 
I believe this forms a strong strategy when looking at presence and identity through the values rural Australia holds both nationally and globally. Australia's primary identity is largely known for the indigenous people, deserts and farming not for Canberra and the current Parliament. By integrating a system that includes rural communities more heavily I think a strong Australian Architectural identity has the potential to be established.   
Our group is progressing our ideas and concepts well in preparation for next weeks presentation. We have scheduled a series of meetings and outlined bodies of work for each member needs to do over the next few days.
Individually I have been further thinking about my own concept which will develop from our refined strategy. I have been doing a lot of research and a series of readings around the idea of Parasitic Architecture. I believe that this is a form of mobile design which I want to investigate and use as a base point for my final design. 
As the next few days progress I hope to add my development in regards to both group and individuals developments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment