Wednesday 24 August 2011

|4| Week 4 Reflection |

Architectural Investigation 
Architectural Types and Purposes
This week I was allocated to my first preference of the mobile theme. During the tutorial I formed a group with three other students who are now my team to develop our mid term panel for presentation.  
As I reflect on the past week where I have been working within a group I have been able identify a swift development of my mind-set for this project. This week we began to look at the architectural types and purposes. Because it was our first meeting as a group we also decided it would be best to look at the previous weekly topics and refine them also. Through this process we came up with the idea of the 'forgotten voices' and a strategy of parliament that would seek to ask rural/ isolated Australians about their views.
Through the theme of mobile architecture this strategy seemed to align and from this our development was refined further. Over the course of the week we have thus been researching, refining and establishing a set of parameters around this idea to develop our final presentation.
We do expect however that over the coming week or two that this idea may change of further refine into a more specific and encompassing strategy to respond.
This concept and strategy really relates to my personal values of wanting to create an iconic Architecture that is centered around a rural landscape. Hopefully I can begin to develop my individual thoughts about this over the coming days further. I will look at some exemplars which will hopefully provide me with a starting point for mobile architecture. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment