Thursday 11 August 2011

|2| Week 2: Reflection |


Vision for Australian Capital? 

Capital Strategy
Over the past few weeks I have begun to think and develop a series of ideas, concepts and questions in relation to Canberra and Parliament. 
Is Canberra a correct location for a capital? 
Is our current Parliamentary system sufficient?
These questions have triggered a number of responses within and the more I think about if these are the correct answer the more confused I become. Further I have integrated thoughts about flexible, distributed, virtual and mobile and how these modes could improve, refine and/ or reform Canberra and Parliament. 
These ideas that come to mind after minutes and minutes and minutes of processing have proved to be good discussion points within our group tutorials. These provide a starting block for me and others to think and from this we have been able to achieve responses vastly more resolved then the initial. The question however that proves most difficult after week two revolves around; 
What will Parliament be like in the Future?
The broadness of the question at this stage is challenging me to think in a holistic community way as well as at a small collective/ individual scale. As the weeks develop I'm confident refined ideas will begin to form responses that can be applied to a unique strategy. 
At this present stage my mind is all over the shop with various thoughts and ideas (not good).......however the tutors have assured me this is the best place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment