Thursday 18 August 2011

|3| Week 3: Reflection |

Vision for Australian Capital? 
Capital Infrastructure and Presence

At the end of week three and another group tutorial my mind has begun to resolve and respond a few concepts and ideas about Parliament today and in the future. I feel that this level of understanding mixed with a level of uncertainty is a good position to be placed. I say this because I don't want to fix myself to any particular ideas or concepts at this stage in order to prevent restricting/ limiting my ideas to a particular frame of thought. 
Through this I hope to develop strong positions on a variety of concepts and ideas and later integrate elements from each of these into my design processes. 
During this weeks tutorial I was able to work with a few new group members to again further my conversation and design thinking. The strategies we discussed were adaptions of everyones preconceived ideas and earlier responses. We focused this week more primarily on Australian infrastructure both existing and proposed and how through this an architectural element could create a presence. 
We tied back the idea of presence to Parliament and government systems. Through this we were able to use elements from last weeks discussion as a starting point for future infrastructure ideas and what elements could be reformed or established. 
I feel that going into a selected theme group after this week will further refine the ideas flowing at the moment. As each week progresses my ideas become further developed and thus making the brief more understandable and manageable.
I am really interested in the idea of Mobile architecture and hopefully will be able to allocate and be placed within this particular theme group. Mobile interests me the most through its ability to be flexible in nature and location. It also poses a strong design challenge as to how an Architectural icon could be created as a moving form. 

No comments:

Post a Comment